Hellooo - is anybody home?
I'm just wondering if this site is abandoned?

Or does the owner still have plans for it?

(I noticed elsewhere that Emor D'ni Lap said it would continue to be developed, but that was a long time ago....)
BenB Wrote:I'm just wondering if this site is abandoned?
Or does the owner still have plans for it?
(I noticed elsewhere that Emor D'ni Lap said it would continue to be developed, but that was a long time ago....)
Hi Ben!
Yes, the site and forums would seem to be abandoned...but they aren't dead yet.
They're being held in reserve for future use by some friends - and possibly more.
Do you have any ideas or suggestions?
I'd be happy to help you here - as long as it's legal! Big Grin

Emor
(and it looks like I should be checking in here more often than once per month, just to do clean-up work; that post under "sample thread" is bizarre! Amazing that someone would go through registering here just to post something like that message!)
Well, I do have a favor to ask.

I noticed your "Work Zone" forum area is unused.
A couple of my friends and I are working on a project, and it would be handy to have a forum area where we can post our ideas and our progress.
But we don't really want the outside world to see what we're doing until we're ready.

Would it be possible to use the "Work Zone" for this purpose?
And could you make it so only those of us on this project can have access to our own subforum, which would be invisible to everyone else?
I know, it's alot to ask, but thanks for thinking about this.
Ben -

I don't see a problem with your group using the "Work Zone" for its intended purpose! Cool

All I have to do is remember how to set up permissions for that area, and to keep subforums visible only to the intended users.

Give me a few days; I'll PM you when something's ready!
Hey Ben -

Took me a while, but I think I have a solution.
It's not the most elegant solution, but I think it's pretty secure.
Was surprised that MyBB didn't have a readymade means of doing this...it does everything else so well (at least I think so).

Check your PMs for the details!
Big Grin 
Works perfect, Emor!

We're using it already!

And with your permision, some other people I know would like to set up more project areas like you did for ours. They PM you when they're ready.

Thank you for providing this resource for us!

Big Grin